Sunday, May 26, 2013

Full moon sadness

Am I feeling affected by the full moon the past few days?  Is my sadness attributed to the pull of the moon's lunar force?Does a full moon really disrupt the natural balance of things? I am experiencing great feelings of unworthiness.  I keep thinking about the comment a "friend" made a few weeks back that I had nothing going on in my life.   I took great offense to his comment as I tend to think that I "do have it going on".  But lately I have been questioning that comment.  Maybe I do not have it going on. Maybe I am not doing anything important or worthwhile with my life.  Maybe I am just wasting time thinking I have it going on.  I keep thinking about a friend whom everyone says has it going on.  She gets up every weekend and rides her bike about 30 miles each day.  Does that make her have it going on more than I?  I work, I work out, I take classes and am finishing a degree.  I am physically and sometimes mentally fit and a pretty good person.  But is that enough for someone to think I have it going on?  Am I supposed to have some hobby that motivates me and dictates how my weekends flow?  I do not really have a hobby like that.  Or are those people who have to have every second of their time planned with something to do the ones that are sad and lost?  Who is to say that they are better than me or "have it going on" because their hobbies consume their lives?  Maybe I am the one who has it going on because I am not afraid of my own company or not having a plan for every moment of the day.    Either way, I would like the full moon sadness to depart so I can stop feeling sorry of myself!   I need to appreciate who I am and where I am.  So hard sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment